Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hail the Sestina - And Inspire an Author

The great thing about the Internet is that I'm always learning new things, even when I'm not looking to learn new things.

Today's lesson is in the poetic form of the Sestina. Jennifer Hudock introduced me to the form by announcing her YOU INSPIRE ME contest, and she's calling for entries to inspire her to write one of these awfully complex but satisfying pieces of literary genius.

Head over to her website for the rules and instructions and details of the cool prizes she has on offer.

And you never know; you might even feel inspired yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for spreading the word, Dan. I appreciate it. Hope to snag some entries through your post. I'm currently sitting pretty on top of thirteen entries. Yours included!

    ReplyDelete